Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fedor Emelianenko admits he made a mistake when he lost to Fabricio Werdum. Fedor does not follow his own tactics in his book.


San Jose, California. Fedor Emelianenko speaking through his translator stated his first loss in nearly 10 years and at his 34th professional fight, was caused by over-earnestness and one split-second of hesitation. This allowed Fabricio Werdum to trap his head and arm in a triangle choke into a 69-second finish at Strikeforce's “Fedor vs. Werdum” inside the HP Pavilion on Saturday, June 26, 2010.

Fedor was further quoted as stating, “At the very beginning of the round, I hit Fabricio and I wanted to finish the fight as soon as possible and at that very moment I made a mistake,” following an upset in MMA history. “Certainly there were several moments when I could escape, but I relied on myself too much and that’s why I paid for it. “At the very moment that I had to escape, I stopped. I didn’t do that and that moment was used by Fabricio to lock his clinch, to finish locking up his legs.”

I was surprised Fedor did not follow his own advice in his book on how to escape from a triangle choke, especially after he escaped from an earlier attempt by Werdrum to use the same submission. As illustrated by pictures and video of his book I posted below which I have read and enjoy.

Emelianenko made no excuses for the loss and said he acted according to his plan. “I tried to work out (motivated) to come into the fight in my best shape and the fight today showed that maybe I didn’t work enough. I didn’t manage to make all my technique to become automatic. That means I will have to work more.”

Right after the loss and again at the press conference following the event, Fedor said he will return to fight the final bout on his co-promotional contract between M-1 Global and Strikeforce. However, Fedor did not discuss his plans after that last fight in his contract.

It was reported that this win earned Werdum U.S.$100,000 while Fedor earned U.S.$400,000.

UFC President Dana White's feeling on Fedor Emelianenko's ranking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Unreasonable fighter bashing and obscene fighting words will not be approved. We respect fighters and will not allow defamatory allegations unproven by an official court or tribunal.