Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Shane Carwin On Cain Velasquez's win over Brock Lesnar at UFC 121

 Shane Carwin stated on his blog one day after UFC 121 the following and the pictures were added by us to illustrate his points: "I have received hundreds of texts, emails, DM's @shanecarwin by the thousands and I have seen and read your blog post here on shane-carwin.com. I get it and believe it was hard to watch someone use your game plan with better results, especially when the result is winning the biggest prize in the sport.



MMA Maxim.com


What Cain did is what great fighters do, they learn from what they can study. How would have my fight turned out if I had let Brock stand and knock him down again and again? It really doesn't matter about what happened last night or in July the only thing that matters is what is to be.
MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

Those of you writing Brock off should consider this. The man walked into the UFC at the top level (who does that?) and won and defended the UFC HWT Belt. 
He took a beating from me and came back and found a way to win, he nearly lost his life and he came back and found a way to win, he is 4-2 in MMA [5-2-0 in all MMA and 4-2 in the UFC] and


some of the wins are UFC title DEFENSES. He is a real champion, a real warrior and as long as he keeps training and learning MMA he will continue to be a force. Every great champion will lose the great ones rise again and it would not surprise me to see Brock defending a title again one day. Win or lose he should be respected for being the warrior he is.

Cain had a great game plan for the fight and he executed it. If you did not think Cain would be a contender then you must have missed his previous fights and missed every website claiming him to be the future of the heavyweight division. Cain is a great fighter and he showed everyone that last night.
MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com
MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

MMA Maxim.com

The UFC HWT division has an amazing crop of fighters right now with four worthy title holders (Cain, Brock, JDS and myself) and a lot of amazing talent knocking on door to get their name on the list for a title shot. I am honored to be where I am and I know what I need to do to climb back on top of that mountain. I am motivated by the opponents in front of me and pushed by those hot on our heals.

This is going to be the era of the UFC HWTS and I am here to make a impact....I hope to begin that climb on 1-1-11 against a very formidable opponent in Roy Nelson. I am giving him and that fight 100% of my attention. JDS is next up for a shot at the UFC belt, which should be another great fight."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Unreasonable fighter bashing and obscene fighting words will not be approved. We respect fighters and will not allow defamatory allegations unproven by an official court or tribunal.