Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

UFC 124 Press Conference, Live Results, Koscheck Admits "I'm A Prick"

Image






MMACanada.net was on hand for the live press conference in Montreal Quebec for UFC 124 "St-Pierre vs. Koscheck II".  Participants in the press conference were UFC President Dana White, UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre,  Number 1 contender Josh Koscheck and heavyweight co-main event stars Stefan Struve and Sean McCorkle.

Quotes:


Dana White (UFC President)

-UFC 124 breaks all UFC records, live gate and attendance (23,000+ people)

-I never said anything about Wayne Gretzky..I said GSP is the most famous athlete to come out of Canada.. and sure I believe Gretzky is too.  We are in half a billion homes.  Its' a reality, he is the most famous guy to come out of Canada.   Georges is an incredible athlete, represents the sport well,  defended the title successfully... be proud of him Canada, deal with it.  *giggles*

- When the guys walk in, security does a good job. I dont see fans attacking Josh Koscheck in a physical way on his way to the Octagon, he will get booed and yelled at. Nobody will get harmed, our fans won't do that.  It's not that type of event it's not like that.


Welterweight Championship bout: UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
  Joey O from MMAOdds picks Kos because "champions get lazy around the holidays" and Kos has    
  impressive training partners from AKA.  Kyle Watson, who trained under GSP for Tuf 12 said GSP trained  hard and will win!

Georges St-Pierre

- Special occasion for me fighting in my hometown.  I know there is pressure, but I feel comfortable and can deal with it.  I'm very excited for Saturday night

- For me it's nice to have the fight in Montreal.  Wherever the fight is it's the same thing, the Octagon.  Its special in Montreal of course and I'm at my best when I'm under pressure.

- My style of fighting always depends on who I'm going against.  I feel Jon Fitch and Thiago Alves were the two best and exciting fights I had.  People criticize me cause of my last fight,  if I would have won by arm bar against Dan Hardy, nobody would say anything.  People are a little disrespectful to Dan Hardy, you need to give credit to the number one contenders, they are fighting me, so they are the best on the planet. 

- Wayne Gretzky was my idol growing up.. for me he is on top for his sport.  He has done more for hockey than I've done more in MMA.. thats my goal to reach that point and pass that point.   The sport of MMA is more popular than ice hockey worldwide.. if you talk about worldwide, Dana is right.. but I didn't reach that point in MMA to be the Wayne Gretzky of it.

- The rest of Canada I am very popular (outside of Quebec).  Just like the USA.  I would say im the most popular in the Philippines, it was just unbelievable.

- I'm doing this job because I want to be number one.  I always been like this in my life.  I wanna be the greatest, thats my main goal.  if I win this fight, it will be the end of it.   He (Josh Koscheck) will have to climb up the ladder again and will have a long road ahead of him.  To loose to the champion twice, he may want to re-think his career.  After Saturday night I don't ever have to talk about him again!




Josh Koscheck

- Yea I have. I think Georges has a lot of pressure going into this fight.  there's a lot of pressure for him to put me away.  I hope he tries to KO me. I have no pressure, I will have fun in there and will fight for 25 mins if I have too

-Since GSP fought Matt Serra he hasn't fought the same.  Georges won fair and square against me, I won't make excuses.  He beat me and had a smart game plan and won the fight. It's been three years I'm not the same fighter back in 2007, I can guarantee you that.  I am coming out to finish this fight

- I'm a bad guy what can I say. Apparently that's what everybody believes so I may as well go with it.  I'm here to win fights and be successful.  I plan on pissing off 23,000 fans again when I KO GSP on Sat night.  I'm a prick.. not a dick, let's change it to that Dana.



* Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle
   Joey O picked McCorkle or pass but Watson picked Struve

Stefan Struve

- This is the first time that someone talked so much before a fight.  I wasn't going to continue going back and forth with him on the internet and talk trash. 

- I was 239 lbs.. I'm now 255 maybe abit more.  I am trying to put on more weight.  I want to get up to 280-290lbs and cut down and do it right way.  More muscle and less fat

- I've seen videos of him on YouTube. He's a tall guy, there's no problem in my gym we have 5-6 guys his size, no problem.He's good on the ground and so am I.   I feel I ama better fighter than him.



Sean McCorkle

- I deserve every bit of being up here.  I'm happy to be here.  I don't want this to end, it's been awesome

- I'm not going to apologize for being funny and witty. I'm doing my job hyping the fight.  We will see Saturday night when we fight in he octagon. Either way I'll be better looking.

Image

Image 







Recent Tweets

Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:54:03
(AT)danawhite UFC 124 press conference live results , quotes and pics on Canadas leading MMA news website http://ping.fm/WVA9C
---
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:53:38
(AT)ufc UFC 124 press conference live results , quotes and pics on Canadas leading MMA news website http://ping.fm/WVA9C
---
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:50:24
UFC 124 press conference live results , quotes and pics http://ping.fm/WVA9C
---
Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:48:55
MMACanada.net UFC124 press conf pics & quotes http://mmacanada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1793&Itemid=49 (AT)ufc






Welterweight Championship bout: UFC Welterweight Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
  Joey O from MMAOdds picks Kos because "champions get lazy around the holidays" and Kos has    
  impressive training partners from AKA.  Kyle Watson, who trained under GSP for Tuf 12 said GSP trained  hard and will win!


* Heavyweight bout: Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle
   Joey O picked McCorkle but Watson picked Struve.

* Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira
   Joey O picked Oliveria even though Miller will fight well and may be affected by his    
   brother’s loss during the Preliminary Fights.

Oliveira stated "Jim is a top fighter, and this will be a very tough fight for me. He has a complete game and a very good left hand. He is dangerous. He has been winning a lot of decisions, so I am hoping to push the pace and finish the fight within the three rounds. He can say what he wants. I am a real jiu-jitsu fighter. Jim does not compete in jiu-jitsu. I hope he wants this fight to be on the ground. I will make him tap, and show him what real jiu-jitsu is."




* Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig
   Joey O picked Stevenson by grinding out a decision by putting Danzig on his back and “busts him up!” Kyle Watson agreed.



* Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. John Howard 
    Thiago Alves (-280) vs. John Howard (+220) 
    Joey O from MMAOdds picked Alves if you put a gun to his head even with Alves' 3 losses and Alves'      brain health issues. 
     Kyle Watson (from Tuf 12) picks Alves even though “both explosive” and Alves “better at standup” and hard to keep down



Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Dustin Hazelett
* Middleweight bout: Jesse Bongfeldt vs. Rafael Natal
* Welterweight bout: Matt Riddle vs. Sean Pierson
* Middleweight bout: Joe Doerksen vs. Dan Miller
* Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Ricardo Almeida
* Lightweight bout: Pat Audinwood vs. John Makdessi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Unreasonable fighter bashing and obscene fighting words will not be approved. We respect fighters and will not allow defamatory allegations unproven by an official court or tribunal.